Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is really a very mild rice dish. My son doesn't like really spicy food so I came up with this for him. It also would be good as a topping for nachos.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) bag boil-in-the-bag rice (cooked)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (please use a small jar of your favorite salsa, I like using mild)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Cook ground beef in a 10 inch skillet until it's no longer pink; drain.
- Add rice and salsa to beef.
- Stir well.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over mixture.
- Cover and let cheese melt (about 5 minutes).
- If desired serve with refried beans and a salad.
mmmmmmmmmm this was really good, I did have the refried beans and salad with it,and it was a great meal.Thanks,Darlene Summers
This was really good!!! So easy to make and ingredients I always have on hand. I like the fact that it doesn't have chili powder or cumin in it.(except for what's in the salsa. I used 1/2 cup of "regular" white rice and cooked it first. I will definitely be making this again. when I want Mexican Rice. Thanks for sharing your recipe shapeweaver. Made fp PAC Fall '08