Recipe by Mexican Sweetheart
Being a mexican family, we always have rice, beans and tortillas in our refrigerator. Here is my own easy rice recipe that will be ready in less than 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Top Review by trick
I made this rice and it was delicious...I did make a few additions:
In Step 5: I added 2 Knorr's tomato bouillion cubes (didn't know Knorr's tomato bouillon came in granules), cumin and a packet of sazon goya (con cilanro y achiote) to the water and heated it before adding it to the rice. When the rice was finished cooking, I threw in a few frozen peas....not necessary but for color. This turned out beautifully and was great the next day too!!!
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup Spanish onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato bouillon (I recommend Knorr)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small sauce pan, bring the water to a boil.
- Meanwhile,in a medium nonstick saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium low heat.
- Add the garlic, onion, and celery and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring frequently until the rice turns light brown.
- Add the bouillon and cumin to the water, stir.
- Add the water to the rice and stir.
- Bring the heat to low and cover.
- Cook the rice for 20 minutes.