Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Being a mexican family, we always have rice, beans and tortillas in our refrigerator. Here is my own easy rice recipe that will be ready in less than 30 minutes. Enjoy!
- In a small sauce pan, bring the water to a boil.
- Meanwhile,in a medium nonstick saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium low heat.
- Add the garlic, onion, and celery and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring frequently until the rice turns light brown.
- Add the bouillon and cumin to the water, stir.
- Add the water to the rice and stir.
- Bring the heat to low and cover.
- Cook the rice for 20 minutes.
I made this rice and it was delicious...I did make a few additions:
In Step 5: I added 2 Knorr's tomato bouillion cubes (didn't know Knorr's tomato bouillon came in granules), cumin and a packet of sazon goya (con cilanro y achiote) to the water and heated it before adding it to the rice. When the rice was finished cooking, I threw in a few frozen peas....not necessary but for color. This turned out beautifully and was great the next day too!!!