Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
So easy yet so tasty! Here's one of our family favorites for a quick fix for dinner.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 5 tabasco peppers, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese or 1⁄2 cup provolone cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef, drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients excluding the cheese.
- Spray a 13x9 baking dish with vegetable oil spray, and add mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Place in 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add shredded cheese, and continue to bake for 10 minutes (uncovered).
- Serve warm.