1/1 Photo of Easy Mexican Rice
1 hr 15 mins
So easy yet so tasty! Here's one of our family favorites for a quick fix for dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 5 tabasco peppers, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese or 1/2 cup provolone cheese or 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Brown ground beef, drain and set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl combine all ingredients excluding the cheese.
- 4Spray a 13x9 baking dish with vegetable oil spray, and add mixture.
- 5Cover with aluminum foil.
- 6Place in 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven, add shredded cheese, and continue to bake for 10 minutes (uncovered).
- 8Serve warm.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Mexican Rice
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.0
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 44.0 mg
- Sodium 225.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: