Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy, delicious slow cook recipe
Make and share this Easy Mexican Pozole Soup (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 quart water
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork butt shank steaks, trimmed and cut into 3/4 " cubes
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can white hominy, drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups green chilies or 1 1⁄4 cups red chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- Combine all the ingredients in a 4 quart crock pot and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours .
- Serve hot with warm corn tortillas.
Wonderful, simple to make but tastes complex, freezes well, and satisfies picky boyfriends! I will make this often (3rd time making it - still a charm. BF just had oral surgery and he can't wait till he's healthy enought to chew a little so he can have some pozole! This is a staple recipe for me now, Bergy. Thank you.)
Super easy to put together on busy days, however next time I think I'll brown the meat first and add more chilies. Thanks for sharing!