Recipe by Malriah
Easy to make dip that doubles as a filling for tortillas or taco shells. Can be used as a base with different ingredients added or removed for personal tastes.
Top Review by MizzNezz
I made this to take to fishing camp and everyone loved it!! It was a snap to make and traveled very well. I added dollops of sour cream and diced fresh tomatoes on the top. Served with crisp tortilla chips. We all declared this one a winner! Thanks, Kari!!
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa or 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 can sliced ripe olives
- sour cream, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown ground beef, add taco seasoning package and prepare according to directions Spread refried beans in oven safe pan.
- Spread with ground beef mixture.
- Layer Velveeta, salsa and marbled cheese in that order.
- Top with sliced olives and jalepenos.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with sour cream, if desired.
- Can be served with corn/tortilla chips as a dip OR as a filling for soft tortillas.