Recipe by **Jubes**
This dip is always a hit at parties. The kids like it too! It is a layered dip with tomatoes, lettuce, mexican flavoured sour cream and cheese. You can add a layer of refried beans down first if desired. Serve with corn chips. For a gluten free dip ensure the seasoning mix is gluten free or you can make your own using "Taco Seasoning Mix, Gluten Free". If you like some extra heat use some cayenne pepper with the taco seasoning mix
Top Review by um-um-good
This is a great QUICK company's coming recipe. I made this in about 5 minutes. I like the sour cream as opposed to cream cheese. It just felt much "lighter". I added a few crushed garlic cloves & a dash of salt to the avacados when i mashed them. It was a huge hit! I served this with chili as a side & people were even spooning it into the chili ....VERY YUMMY! I made a second batch the same day to take to a friends for the afternoon, SO EASY!!!!!
- 200 g light sour cream (one small tub)
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix, . this is just one packet of dry seasoning mix (use less for a lighter tasting dip)
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed with a little
- lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the sour cream and the taco seasoning mix together in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour the cream into a shallow serving dish.
- Mash the avocado with a little lemon juice and layer it gentley over the sour cream layer.
- Top with some shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and grated cheese. The measurements given were estimates as I just make the dish to taste. Just use a light layer of the toppings.
- As a variation you can use a layer of mashed refreid beans spread over the dish before the layer of seasoned sour cream.
- refrigerate until required and serve with plenty of corn chips.