Something with ingredients everyone can find, and you can pot-luck it too. Serve it with other food in a meal or make it a snack meal on it's own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a stand-up mixer, or by hand, mix the 2 packages of cornbread mix and 3 cups of water until blended.
- 2Add the heaping tablespoons of cottage cheese, blend a little more.
- 3Add the green chiles and cream corn, blend well.
- 4In a Crisco greased #10 cast iron skillet pour half of the batter.
- 5Sprinkle the cheese over the top, evenly.
- 6Carefully pour the remaining batter evenly over the cheese so it doesn't blend the cheese into the bottom half.
- 7Bake in a 375 degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes (35 works in my oven) until your cornbread is done. It will be moister and "heavier" than usual.
- 8Let it cool to a "warmer" touch, then turn out onto a large platter and slice into wedges like cake. I have to use a large piece of foil, my plates are not big enough. Then you can also just cover it with another piece of foil, take it with, and slice later.
- 9You can serve with a pat of butter on top if you like.
- 10Try adding crumbled bacon or some cooked crumbled Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage with the cheese layer for a lunchtime meal.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Mexican Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.0
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 28.5 mg
- Sodium 1768.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 16.8 g