Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Couldn't be any easier than using a boxed cake mix! Special without all the effort and time and it's great served with berries and a cooling whipped cream! Recipe comes from Mr. Food himself.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) chocolate cake mix, prepared according to package directions (*see note)
- 3 eggs (*see note)
- 1 cup water (*see note)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (*see note)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- *NOTE: Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions; I'm required to list the ingredients needed to prepare the mix (eggs water, and oil) but yours may be different.
- Stir the cinnamon, ground red pepper, and balsamic vinegar into the cake batter then pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool for 15 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the confectioners' sugar, cocoa, and water until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake and let sit until firm.
We've made this several times without any modifications to the directions. It's a great go-to recipe when we need to bring a cake somewhere on super short notice. We use a gluten-free chocolate cake mix and it's always worked great.
This is excellent. I added a little more cayenne because we like it spicy. I added a little margarine to the glaze and milk, no water, then drizzled each slice after it was cut. I can then plastic wrap the cake and keep the glaze for additional servings. This is quick, easy and just as I remember eating in Mexico. Thanks for posting!