Couldn't be any easier than using a boxed cake mix! Special without all the effort and time and it's great served with berries and a cooling whipped cream! Recipe comes from Mr. Food himself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) chocolate cake mix, prepared according to package directions (*see note)
- 3 eggs (*see note)
- 1 cup water (*see note)
- 1/3 cup oil (*see note)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2*NOTE: Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions; I'm required to list the ingredients needed to prepare the mix (eggs water, and oil) but yours may be different.
- 3Stir the cinnamon, ground red pepper, and balsamic vinegar into the cake batter then pour into the prepared pan.
- 4Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 5Let cake cool for 15 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 6In a medium bowl, whisk together the confectioners' sugar, cocoa, and water until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake and let sit until firm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Mexican Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.6
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 374.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 26.4 g
- Protein 4.8 g