Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Couldn't be any easier than using a boxed cake mix! Special without all the effort and time and it's great served with berries and a cooling whipped cream! Recipe comes from Mr. Food himself.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) chocolate cake mix, prepared according to package directions (*see note)
- 3 eggs (*see note)
- 1 cup water (*see note)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (*see note)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- *NOTE: Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions; I'm required to list the ingredients needed to prepare the mix (eggs water, and oil) but yours may be different.
- Stir the cinnamon, ground red pepper, and balsamic vinegar into the cake batter then pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool for 15 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the confectioners' sugar, cocoa, and water until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake and let sit until firm.