Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was a throw together that actually turned out to be a really great little dish!!! Good for a quick meal!
- 6 -8 frozen chicken tenders
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packageold el paso taco seasoning
- 15 ounces bush's canned black beans
- 14 1⁄2 ounces DelMonte stewed tomatoes (Original Recipe with Onions, Celery, and Green Peppers)
- 2 cups kraft finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 -5 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 cup crushed Doritos
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place chicken tenders in the bottom of a standard casserole dish.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over tenders. Layer ingredients in order from black beans to doritos.
- Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes. Enjoy!
Loved this! Made some changes because I couldn't remember what I needed to buy at the store to make this, but it all worked out. I used boneless skinless chicken breast rather than the tenders. I rinsed and drained the beans, even tho the recipe wasn't specific about whether I should. The tomatoes I didn't drain, as I didn't want to lose the flavor. I had a can of fire roasted mild green chilies that I layered over the chicken on top of the tomatoes. I also sprinkled my chicken with taco seasoning, then sprinkled the layers as well with the extra. Used a Mexi blend of cheese and forgot the pepper jack, but didn't miss it. Garnished this with black olives, fresh cilantro, and sour cream seasoned with the rest of the taco seasoning. Will make this again, but might precook the chicken and cut up to make an easier to eat casserole. Thanks for sharing a great recipe, even tho I didn't follow all of it. :-)
This was such a nice dish with wonderful flavor! I used 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of the tenders, left off the pepper jack cheese for DH and didn't have any Doritos to put on top and it still turned out excellent! I had a can of black beans that I wasn't sure what to do with and this recipe was just the ticket. I even got someone who doesn't care for chicken to try this and he liked it too! I'll definitely be making this again! thank you SouthernGirl24, for a great chicken recipe!