Fast and easy for the family that's always on the go. Using already cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store makes this soup even simpler to make.
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups thick & chunky salsa
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (rotisserie style works great)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lime, quartered (for garnish)
- 1 avocado (garnish)
- tortilla chips (garnish)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded (garnish)
- In large pot, bring salsa and broth to a boil.
- Add cooked chicken, beans, 1/2 cup cilantro, onion, bell pepper, spices and uncooked instant rice.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add juice from one lime.
- Offer shredded cheese, lime quarters, chopped cilantro and cubed avocado as garnishes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.