Recipe by beckidid
Fast and easy for the family that's always on the go. Using already cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store makes this soup even simpler to make.
Top Review by Ratalouille
Super simple to put together with ingredients I always have on hand. I didn't have (3) cans of broth, so I used the liquid from the beans. It turned out nice and thick ... even better the next day! Thanks beck :)
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups thick & chunky salsa
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (rotisserie style works great)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lime, quartered (for garnish)
- 1 avocado (garnish)
- tortilla chips (garnish)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, bring salsa and broth to a boil.
- Add cooked chicken, beans, 1/2 cup cilantro, onion, bell pepper, spices and uncooked instant rice.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add juice from one lime.
- Offer shredded cheese, lime quarters, chopped cilantro and cubed avocado as garnishes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.