1/2 Photos of Easy Mexican Chicken/Black Bean Soup
Fast and easy for the family that's always on the go. Using already cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store makes this soup even simpler to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups thick & chunky salsa
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (rotisserie style works great)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lime, quartered (for garnish)
- 1 avocado (garnish)
- tortilla chips (garnish)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded (garnish)
- 1In large pot, bring salsa and broth to a boil.
- 2Add cooked chicken, beans, 1/2 cup cilantro, onion, bell pepper, spices and uncooked instant rice.
- 3Cover, reduce heat and simmer 4-5 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat, add juice from one lime.
- 5Offer shredded cheese, lime quarters, chopped cilantro and cubed avocado as garnishes.
- 6Serve with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Mexican Chicken/Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.0
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 1222.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 28.5 g