Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Super easy and very tasty! Use salsa of whatever heat level appeals to you. Prep time includes time necessary to cook rice and chicken - if you already have them on hand fully cooked, prep time is about 5 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 6 ounces shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, divided (by weight)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 cups cooked white rice or 2 cups cooked orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken breast, diced
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Saute mushrooms until limp, 5-10 minutes.
- Combine mushrooms with sour cream, 1/4 lb Cheddar cheese, salsa, rice and chicken. Pour into casserole. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Top with remaining Cheddar cheese and bake 10-15 minutes longer.
This was easy and it tasted good, too! I made this for my friends and they loved it! My fiance had 3 helpings! Thanks for posting!