Recipe by Karen in San Diego
Yikes - the freezer is full of chicken. This is an easy and tasty way to serve chicken - again. It is filling enough to serve with a tossed salad. Good for two people. Double for larger family.
- 4 chicken pieces, cooked
- 1⁄2 jar salsa (medium is best)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 -8 corn tortillas
- sliced olive (optional)
- chopped jalapano chile (from jar of pickled jalapanos) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook chicken and cool.
- When cool, cut chicken from bone and shred- leave a little chunky.
- Mix salsa and tomato sauce.
- Add jalapanos if desired.
- (They really make if good... honest) Layer starting with tortillas in an 8"x8" pan.
- Add 1/3 chicken- spread around.
- Spread 1/3 sauce over chicken.
- Repeat two more times.
- Cover top with cheese.
- Sprinkle sliced olives over all.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut in squares like lasagna.