Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This easy dish is also hot, spicy, and delicious! I use Goya pico de gallo because I think it's the best of the bottled salsas. When I'm in an industrious mood I use homemade fresh salsa. I serve it with cornbread and a tossed salad.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (17 5/8 ounce) bottlegoya pico de gallo, salsa
- 6 -8 ounces jalapeno jack cheese, grated
- Preaheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the chipotle, cumin, oregano, salt, and garlic powder and process in a blender or food processor until oregano is pulverized.
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 or 4 pieces lengthwise.
- Sprinkle the herb mixture liberally on all sides of the chicken pieces.
- Place the chicken in one layer in a greased casserole dish.
- Pour the entire bottle of salsa over the chicken.
- Bake for about 45 minutes then spread the grated cheese over the top of the salsa.
- Bake another 15 minutes or until chicken is done and cheese is bubbly.