Recipe by dianegrapegrower
Found this recipe on a package of chicken breasts, been making it from memory ever since. Very tasty, and very easy. Great weeknight meal with mexican rice and salad. Hearty eaters may want tortillas, too.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
This had good flavor, but was a lot more "soupy" than I expected it to be. I cut my chicken into strips before putting in the casserole. I served this with tortillas to mop up all the juice. Quick and easy weeknight meal.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (24 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (your favorite)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spread beans in a 9" x 13" casserole dish. Lay chicken breasts on top. Pour enchilada sauce over. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Baked, covered until chicken is done, about 45 minutes. (Consistency may vary - check after 30 minutes, and uncover if the sauce is too "soupy") Uncover and bake 5 minutes more, just to toast the cheese.
- Sprinkle with avocado and serve.