Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I created this from items I had in my cupboard. My family all loved it and my DH told me I better write this one down. It was super easy and so tasty.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon masa harina
- 1 (10 ounce) canmild Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) bag corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup mild taco sauce
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain.
- Add taco seasoning and water. Cook until well blended.
- Add next nine ingredients, mix well and cook over medium heat until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- In greased 9"x13" pan, layer 1/2 of the tortilla chips, 1/2 of the meat mixture and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Repeat layers except for the cheese.
- Pour taco sauce evenly over top of all.
- Top evenly with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with cottage cheese or sour cream.