I created this from items I had in my cupboard. My family all loved it and my DH told me I better write this one down. It was super easy and so tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon masa harina
- 1 (10 ounce) can mild Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) bag corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup mild taco sauce
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain.
- 3Add taco seasoning and water. Cook until well blended.
- 4Add next nine ingredients, mix well and cook over medium heat until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6In greased 9"x13" pan, layer 1/2 of the tortilla chips, 1/2 of the meat mixture and 1 cup of the cheese.
- 7Repeat layers except for the cheese.
- 8Pour taco sauce evenly over top of all.
- 9Top evenly with remaining cheese.
- 10Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- 11Serve with cottage cheese or sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Mexican Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.8
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 84.9 mg
- Sodium 932.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 34.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mild taco sauce