Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I sort of made this up, based on things I had around the house, and it turned out quite well! Nothing classy, but comfort food with a little kick.
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies (Ro-Tel Mexican Fiesta style)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces Campbells condensed creamy verde soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 7 1⁄2 ounces Doritos, crumbled (I used Nacho Cheese...use your favorite flavor though!)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix together chicken, Ro-Tel, soup, and sour cream.
- Spread half of this mixture on bottom of 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with half of the Doritos.
- Spread remaining half of chicken mixture in dish, and top with remaining Doritos.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted and casserole is hot all the way through.
This was very easy and fast to make. I followed the recipe exactly but I couldn't find the creamy verde soup in our area so I substituted a 10 oz can of green mild enchilada sauce. It worked out nicely. It turned out spicy so my family loved it and it made me cry. Thank you for a good recipe. Made for PAC 2007 Fall