Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From FFA/HERO cookbook.
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups French bread cubes
- 1 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, diced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and 3/4 cup water in saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over bread cubes in large bowl and toss gently.
- Add raisins, walnuts and cheese, mixing lightly.
- Spoon bread mixture into buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until heat through.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.