Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
i serve this as part of my make your own tacos picnic, leftovers i use in a chicken and rice dish, which has yogurt on the bottom of the pot for an extra tang.
- smash the garlic and give it a little color in medium sized pot, on medium heat.
- add chickem thighs, brown a little on both sides.
- add salsa, i use garlic salsa, thats not very chunky.
- bring to a boil, cover and reduce to simmer.
- cook two hours.
- remove the thighs and reduce the sauce, til its a little thicker.
- shred the chicken thighs, with two forks.
- seperate the chunks from the sauce. add the liquid to the chicken, it will adhere better if the chicken is warm i.e. not hot.
- save the chunks a good jarred salsa is now a great one.
Under other circumstances I'd use chicken breasts & make a recipe like this in my crock pot, but I decided to follow the recipe right on down on this, my initial try! Must admit that we did enjoy the thighs here, but another time, at the very least, I'd go with a thick & chunky salsa, even if I made it myself! Served these in a tortilla wrap with some monterey jack cheese ~ Very satisfying! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]