Prep 13 mins
Cook 10 mins
this was an idea that i got from another site (epicurious i might have spelled it wrong) but i modified it to a simple version. the version on the site called for veal stock ( HA! like i could find that!)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar red currant jelly (get a "fancy" one if you can find it )
- 1⁄4 cup butter (or more, must be butter )
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock, not beef broth (store bought )
- 1 cup merlot
- put all ingredients in a medium non stick sauce pan.
- bring to a boil and turn down to medium heat
- keep on medium heat for 10 minute
- sauce should reduce down to a syrup like sauce.
- pour over cooked steak of choice.