Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy recipe that requires little effort but tastes great! Serve with grilled chicken or fish and garlic bread for a complete meal.
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups lemon juice
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed dried and torn to bite-sized pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, sliced in half and then each half sliced finely
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Using a mortar and pestle, crush the garlic.
- Add the pepper and salt and continue mashing until mixture becomes a thick paste.
- Transfer to a jar along with the lemon juice and canola oil.
- Shake well.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, tomatoes and onion together.
- Just before serving, add the cheese and just enough dressing to coat.
- (There will be extra dressing, but it keeps well.) Toss gently but well.