Prep 6 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is great for any picnic, potluck or barbecue. You can make the dressing up to 3 days before and put the salad together the day before you intend to serve it. Add chicken, steak, lamb or seafood for a whole meal salad! Prep time includes minimum refrigeration
- 1 lb shell pasta, cooked al dente, drained well, and tossed with 2 tbs olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olive, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope tomato basil soup mix
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large serving bowl, toss together the pasta, onion, cucumber, bell peppers, celery, olives, and artichoke hearts.
- Refrigerate the salad up to 24 hours In a medium glass mixing bowl, whisk together the oils, vinegar, soup mix, black pepper, basil, parsley, and feta until well blended.
- Pour 1 cup of the dressing over the salad and toss Refrigerate the salad for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, toss the salad with the remaining dressing.
This was good pasta salad. I decreased the amount of pepper to 1/2 tsp and omitted the yellow bell pepper because I didn't have one on hand. Next time I will adding more basil and will also try substituting some of the oil with water or tomato juice.