Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is a super easy spaghetti sauce recipe that my mom's been using forever. My brother once told her it was better than his Italian mother-in-law's traditional recipe... I don't know about that, but I've served it many times and given the recipe to lots of people. It will make enough for 1 lb. of noodles depending on how much sauce you like. A good shortcut is to use frozen chopped onions. And it can be done in a crock pot after browning meat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or top sirloin)
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves (or more)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (I like S&W brand)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons Italian spices
- 2 -3 teaspoons lawry spaghetti seasoning (or to taste)
- 1 -3 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Saute onion in olive oil for 1 minute, add garlic and continue to saute till onion is translucent.
- Add ground beef and brown until cooked through.
- Add Italian seasoning, crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Heat till bubbly.
- Simmer at least 1 hour (can simmer much longer).
- Add Lawry's spaghetti seasonings about 15 minutes prior to serving.
- Taste prior to serving and add sugar if necessary.