Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Wheat is good for you! From the "Family Circle Great Ground Beef Cookbook."
Make and share this Easy Meatloaf With Shredded Wheat recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup shredded wheat cereal, coarsely crushed
- 1⁄4 cup onions, chopped or 1 small onion
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Shape into a loaf and bake in a shallow baking pan,.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour or until brown.
Very tasty, I used ground turkey and chicken stock instead of the milk. It was quite loose so I cooked it in a loaf pan; the texture could be a little more solid, it did slice but just barely, had a tendency to break apart, The shredded wheat worked out well and made a different taste, next time I will use more shredded wheat to tighten it up, I topped it with chilli sauce. thanks for posting.
I used one cup sour cream instead of milk and some basil flakes. It was good.