Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is very easy to make, moist and tasty. Make two if you are feeding a larger family. Serve with a salad on the side. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄4 cups full-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided (can use more)
- 3 -4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup (can use barbecue sauce in place of ketchup)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- seasoning salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine milk, breadcrumbs and garlic, onion, Parmesan cheese, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add beef; mix well.
- Press meat mixture the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes; drain.
- Spread with ketchup or BBQ sauce if using.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, oregano and parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes longerlonger or until meat is no longer pink, and cheese is melted.
- For added taste, additional parmesan cheese can be added to ground beef mixture.
This tasted fine. I think I will use less milk next time as it seemed a little mushy. The flavor was good however and it took a lot less time than a meatloaf.
This is WONDERFUL!!!! I doubled the recipe and put it in a crock pot for 2 hours on low. So delicious! I used barbecue sauce, and also added mushrooms stems and pieces -- for a little extra moisture. Thank you Kitten for another wonderful recipe. Made in honor of John for KITTENCAL Cookathon.