Recipe by Pax44
This is my mom's very simple and very delicious meatloaf recipe. **Be careful- it's been reviewed as very salty!! It may not need the salt called for in the recipe. It is probably the Progresso breadcrumbs. I use kosher meat which does not need extra salt because it is already salted and also contributes to the flavor- I've tried and the flavor hasn't come out as good with other meat.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup progresso garlic and herb-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl.
- Mix well with hands until thoroughly blended.
- Spread into loaf pans- loosely, don't pack too tightly.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes until top is brown (raise oven temp to 350 at this point for a crispier top).