Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that just kinda evolved. Its pretty easy to make and always turns out moist and yummy. I use V8 to get some veggie points and it's topped with ketchup so most kids like it.
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 2 eggs
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 4 ounces saltine crackers, crushed
- 2 (12 ounce) cans V8 vegetable juice
- Use one can of V8, mix everything together.
- Form into a loaf, place in covered dish -- I use stoneware but you can use a dutch oven or glass dish topped with tinfoil.
- Pour remaining can of V8 over the loaf.
- Top with ketchup.
- Bake at 400 for 1hr.