Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Whip up thi meatless manicotti for a vegetarian version of a favorite Italian pasta dish. GOOD TO KNOW: Cheese pasta dishes fon't always have to be extremely high in fat. This recipe calls for fat-free cheese, so you get the flavor, the calcium but not all the saturated fat.
- 473.18 ml shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 453.59 g carton fat-free cottage cheese
- 283.49 g package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 59.14 ml grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 7.39 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 226.79 g package manicotti (14 shells)
- 737.08 g jarfat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce
- cooking spray
- 236.59 ml water
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, cottage cheese, and the next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a medium bowl. Spoon about 3 tablespoons cheese mixture into each uncooked manicotti. Pour half of tomato-basil pasta sauce into a 13x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange stuffed shells in a single layer over sauce, and top with the remaining sauce. Pour 1 cup water into dish. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella evenly over sauce. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until shells are tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.