Recipe by Erindipity
I love the extra flavor the Italian Sausage adds to these, it means there is little if any additional spice needed. I like to use a lot fat chicken or turkey sausage, but any type is good. I also use a sweet sausage because I need child friendly meals, but it is good with hot too. Weight Watchers: 6 points per serving when using lean turkey sausage and lean ground beef.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients well. Roll into 1 inch balls.
- To bake: bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until no longer pink.
- To cook in sauce: drop meatballs into spaghetti sauce about 30 minutes before serving.
- Meatballs can be froze cooked or raw for later use. If freezing raw, freeze on cookie sheet until solid. Then place in ziptop bag.