Recipe by Bergy
I always have some cooked meatballs in my freezer so this is an easy recipe for me to make!. They look quite elegant and could be served to company any time. You will neeed 8 1" pieces of green pepper and 8 1" pieces of red pepper and 8 pieces on onion. I have simple said !/2 pepper and 1 onion to keep the ingredient list simple. If using Bamboo skewers soak for 45 minutes in water to prevent scorching. The cook time is apprx depending on your method of cooking and the size of your meatball. I used a griddler and it took 7 minutes, BBQ perhaps 15 minutes and broiling about 15 minutes 6" from the broiler. The meatballs are already cooked so it is just a matter of heating them through and getting them golden. The peppers will still be crunchy but hot through
Top Review by Cookin' Daddy
I was a little iffy at first, but wow this was an excellent treat for dinner. The only thing that we did different was add some red bell peppers and man it was truly amazing for such a simple dish.
- 12 cooked meatballs, your favorite, 1-inch balls
- 1⁄2 green pepper
- 1⁄2 red pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 skewers
Directions See How It's Made
- Defrost your meatballs.
- Thread a piece of onion then a meatball, add 1 piece of green papper, then another meatball, add a red pepper etc until you have 6 meatballs on the skewer ending with a piece of onion.
- Repeat for your second skewer.
- Paint both sides of the skewered ball & peppers,.
- BBQ over mediun heat, or Broil 6" from broiler, or bake 375f until the balls are golden and heated through apprx 15-20 minutes.