Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this recipe from a friend. It has quickly become a favourite at my house as well as anyone else who eats it. I usually use Lamb meat but u can use any other kind of meat. Serve with some coriander chutney.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 6 -7 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, pwdr
- 1⁄2 teaspoon indian garam masala or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice, pwdr
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 slices bread
- 3 -4 curry leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric, pwdr
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Soak the bread slices in water for a couple of seconds.
- squeeze out all the water and coarsely mash them.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal parts.
- shape into small patties.
- heat oil in a pan and fry the patties till cooked.
- takes abt 1-2 mins on each side.