Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my daughter-in-law's crowd pleasing meat burrito recipe. This is so easy to make and serve when you have had a long hard day and still want a hot meal. Even my grand daughter likes this because she can put her favorite toppings on it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced potatoes, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cansmild diced green chilies, undrained
- ground pepper
- ground cumin
- onion powder
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 flour tortillas
- shredded cheese
- black olives
- chopped onion
- chopped tomato
- shredded lettuce
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat breaking it into small pieces.
- Drain potatoes and add to the ground beef and mix well.
- Add the diced green chilies to the meat mixture and mix well.
- Add spices to taste and continue to cook until meat is done.
- Heat flour tortillas by placing them in the microwave for a few seconds until soft. Hint: to keep your tortillas from drying out, place a damp paper towel over the tortillas while heating in the microwave.
- Place a portion of the meat mixture on a warm tortilla and add your favorite toppings. Roll up in a burrito style or fold like a soft taco and enjoy.
These are very similar to burritos and tacos that I have made for years. I really enjoy the fact that there are so many options available with the toppings. This recipe was reduced to 2 servings and not having canned potatoes, I diced and cooked a small potato in water before adding to the pan with the meat. These were topped with shredded cheddar cheese and homemade salsa.
Fun recipe! I added a can of rotel tomatoes, very good. Thanks
So easy and quick to put together. My family really enjoyed these with the addition of their personalized choices of toppings. I thought the use of canned, diced potatoes was a super quick way to add another dimension to these burritos. I added just enough red pepper flakes to make them slightly spicy (about 1/4 t.).