A taste of India, fast, and easy. Serve with plain or spiced rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse lentils thoroughly and place in a medium saucepan along with ginger, turmeric, salt and cayenne pepper.
- 2Cover with about 1 inch of water and bring to a boil.
- 3Skim off any foam that forms on top of the lentils.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender and soupy.
- 5Meanwhile, in a microwave safe dish combine oil, dried onion and cumin seeds.
- 6Microwave on high for 45 seconds to 1 minute; be sure to brown, but not burn, onions.
- 7Stir into lentil mixture.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Masoor Daal
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.5
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 585.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: