Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A taste of India, fast, and easy. Serve with plain or spiced rice.
Make and share this Easy Masoor Daal recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse lentils thoroughly and place in a medium saucepan along with ginger, turmeric, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Cover with about 1 inch of water and bring to a boil.
- Skim off any foam that forms on top of the lentils.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender and soupy.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave safe dish combine oil, dried onion and cumin seeds.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds to 1 minute; be sure to brown, but not burn, onions.
- Stir into lentil mixture.