Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Some people make this as a low-carb substitute for mashed potatoes. We make it because we love the flavours.
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 -4 tablespoons milk or 2 -4 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- Steam the cauliflower until very tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients (use the larger measurement for any ingredients you especially love).
- Mash everything together until you have the consistency you like.
I used sour cream and butter and garlic, salt and pepper.. pureed I'm the blender and added a bit of shredded cheddar.. Delish!!
This is so easy and delicious. Cauliflower and nutmeg are made for each other! I tried mashing by hand but ended up using the food processor. Thanks, Leggy Peggy! Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap #74, Group 6.