Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I make these when the mushrooms goes on sale... mmmm Please note YOU can add any herb you would like to add (just a little...rosemary, sage, parsley, thyme, fennel, dill, whatever you fancy, OR none).
- 10 -16 ounces button mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, in four long way
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Slit an x in the bottom of the Mushrooms then Boil the mushroom for 10 minutes, (sometimes I saute the mushrooms, Onion, Pepper - or keep the onion/pepper uncooked). Place the Mushrooms, Onion, Pepper, Garlic in a glass jar (I like to recycle old tomato sauce jars (if you use them-we all cheat with sauce sometimes), Just make sure you use only glass.
- In a pan, add the Oil, Vinegar, and the sugar. Stir and simmer for around 15 minutes.
- Cool the marinate, to to jar, make sure you cover all the mushroom, and herbs.
- Place in frig for 24 hours (or longer), THEN EAT -- MMMM -- OR you can can this if you know how.