Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My mom has been making these mushrooms for years. They are easy and often we already have all of the ingredients. You can use any kind of oil you like, I often use infused oils or just light olive oil. You could also use extra virgin, but it is a bit more expensive.
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup white vinegar or 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 24 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, combine oil, vinegar, dressing, lemon juice, and basil.
- Bring to a boil over med-high heat.
- Add mushrooms.
- Simmer for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add parsley and chill for 6 hours or until cool.