Recipe by Steve_G
A terrific lamb dish for people that don't like lamb or have reservations about it. Removing the fat and using a sweet marinade remove all gaminess. If you can't get the marinade in your area I've included a link to the manufacturers web site. (http://www.briannassaladdressing.com/Products.htm)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bone and clean all membrane and fat from lamb.
- This will yield 2 or 3 large chunks and 2-3 small ones depending on how clean you get the lamb,how large your leg is and if you bought the whole leg or just a section.
- (Save the bone and trimmings for stock, it makes a really awesome sauce).
- Marinate in dressing for at-least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
- The straight dressing tends to be a bit sweet for some folks, so cut it with dry red wine and olive oil if desired.
- Grill or broil lamb on skewers until desired degree of doneness is reached.
- You can add some blanched onion, mushroom and tomato to the skewers if desired.
- Serve with rice and sumac.