Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
Be careful with this chicken- once you start eating it you won't be able to stop! They're good served warm or cold.
- 1 package chicken drummettes or 10 chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash ginger
- Mix all ingredients except chicken.
- Marinate chicken in sauce for a few hours (overnight if possible).
- Bake uncovered at 300* F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until at desired tenderness or dryness.
Chicken is my favorite food and I try it most every way I can. This was easy and simple. But it was a little to salty, maybe to much soy sauce. I'm not big on sweet and sour so that much sugar didn't score big. A good starter with the dry vermouth and next time I'll cut back on the sugar and soy sauce, add some chopped onions and hot sauce. I like my wings with a little more bite. And I like the ginger that you added. I used the Tysons frozen wings and left them in the sauce overnight, in the frig, to thaw. But, for the S & S lovers, it is a good dish. Thanks for the wing tip.