Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Great as a Christmas table addition or when you have an ample supply of asparagus. Make ahead and allow to chill in the refrigerator. Prep time does not include chill time.
- 1 kg fresh asparagus
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus, and cook asparagus in boiling water covered for 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender; drain.
- Plunge asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Arrange asparagus in a 13 x 9inch baking dish.
- Whisk together olive oil, sugar, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and red pepper flakes until well blended; pour over asparagus. Cover and chill 8 hours. Drain before serving.
This was just terrible! The combination of flavors was way off for me. It might be easy but wow a waste of asparagus for me
Jen T., Thankyou for such a great recipe! I kept hearing my husband getting in to the fridge to eat more! I added a little salt and tabasco sauce to the marinade. So good! I will be trying this out on company for Easter.
Loved this for the ease of making and the flavour. I will certainly be making this often while asparagus is in season. A 'keeper':)