Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is almost as easy as opening a jar of sauce. The longer you simmer this, the richer it tastes. When I add frozen meatballs(--12), I double the recipe and let the sauce simmer on low for an hour.
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 crushed garlic clove
- 16 ounces Italian stewed tomatoes, -pureed if desired
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- Add olive oil to hot sauce pan.
- Add garlic and cook for a minute (don't let garlic burn).
- Add tomatoes, sugar, oregano, and basil.
- If desired, add meatballs.
- Bring sauce to a boil. Cover and simmer the sauce for 10-20 minutes or until desired thickness.
- Serve with desired pasta.
Was wanting Pasta with Marinara sauce which I usually make when the garden tomatoes ripen. The poor growing season for tomatoes this year had me searching for a recipe. Happy I found this one as it simmered up with the aroma alone making for a five! Yes not only easy but perfect over pasta! Always amazed when easy tastes so super good.
It was really simple and tasted very good!