A simple and flavorful marinara sauce that can be used instead of store-bought spaghetti sauce. I like it served hot over cooked pasta and topped with fresh-grated Parmesan cheese.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil or 4.92 ml dried basil leaves
- 9.85 ml chopped fresh oregano or 2.46 ml dried oregano leaves
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.25 ml pepper
- hot pasta
- fresh-grated parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, sauté garlic and onion in olive oil until onion is tender.
- Stir all remaining ingredients in with onion mixture; heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully puree hot sauce in in a food processor or blender; serve hot over cooked pasta and top with fresh-grated Parmesan cheese.