Recipe by the80srule
For those of us who don't like sauces laden with tomato chunks (much as I like tomato-based foods, tomato chunks just gross me out!) and also happen to be way too lazy to peel and cut tomatoes (that's what cans are for.) For some variation ideas try replacing one of the cans of tomato sauce with tomato paste if you like it thicker. Like it really spicy? Replace one plain can with one can of pre-seasoned tomato sauce. Yummy dipping sauce for mozzarella sticks, serve 1/4 cup in a ramekin. Recommended dishes to have with this sauce: Rachel's Fried Ravioli, Mozzarella Sticks, and Pretzel Dough if making pretzel cheese logs!
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced (1/2 tsp liquid garlic)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor or blender.
- To gently heat, pour 1/4 cup (or the desired amount) into a microwave-safe ramekin or container, and put a paper plate over it so tomato splats won't get all over the microwave. Nuke for 30 seconds on 50% power. You may have to adjust up or downward depending on microwave strength.