Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple marinara sauce that is really good. It makes an excellant sauce for other recipes like lasagna and other pasta dishes.
- 4 medium onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) candiced plum tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Dice onions and crush garlic.
- Heat oil in pot on med high.
- Add crushed garlic.
- 30 seconds later add onions.
- Cook onions until translucent (about 5 min).
- Add tomatoes and spices.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 45 minute.
This is a great recipe. One change I did make, I didn't have any whole tomatoes so I used a little tomato paste instead. I didn't have the chunky texture but all the great tomato flavor. Oh and it's makes awesome pizza!