Recipe by tkwegner
This is an 30 minute easy marinara recipe. It is a combination of a few different recipes I had.
Top Review by LainieBug
Yummy, garlicky and thick marinara. Loved this enough that I plan to double the recipe, divide it up into small containers and freeze for when we want a quick meal. Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef.
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons instant minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauce pan saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft. Stir frequently.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning.
- Add tomatoes and sugar.
- slowly bring to a boil then simmer covered over low heat for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.