Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband and I love sitting out on our patio with a frozen margarita after a long day at work.
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons triple sec
- 6 tablespoons gold tequila
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- additional sugar
- Add water and sugar to a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl (one that will fit in your freezer).
- Add in the lime juice, lemon juice, triple sec, tequila, and lime rind; stir to combine.
- Cover and freeze for 8 hours.
- Add frozen mixture to an electric blender or food processor and process until slushy.
- Wet the rim of margarita glasses, then dip rims into sugar.
- Spoon the slushy granita into the glasses.
can shorten the prep time to 45 minutes using one of those ice cream machines ...otherwise it's 8 Hours ... may have to double the quantitys to have proper stiring in machine(model dependent)