Prep 7 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great as a cereal or snack, ridiculously healthy, and tasy enough to satisfy any sweet tooth. Feel free to experiment with the ingredients, but try to buy organic. :)
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped slivered almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened puffed corn cereal
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- Combine all dry ingredients except for raisins in a bowl.
- Separately combine all liquid ingredients, and heat until boiling. You can do this on the stovetop or microwave on HIGH for about 2 1/2 minutes.
- Pour boiling liquid mixture over dry ingredients, mix well. Spread evenly over large, lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool completely, then add raisins. Store in airtight plastic bag.
I followed this recipe's instructions, heating the boiling the liquid ingredients in the microwave. The only ingredient I changed was using grape nuts in place of the puffed corn cereal. I got two large cooked sheets of granola. I baked for the 25 minutes, and stirred frequently. We just thought it tasted burnt, even though it doesn't appear to BE burnt. I don't know what to make of it.