Recipe by Wildflour
I never cared for cornbread til I fiddled around with Jiffy Mix to make a light, sweet, cake-like cornbread. Just watch your baking time, mine is ALWAYS done in 15-16 minutes only. Also makes good muffins, *use paper baking cups, tho.
Top Review by BB502
Made these muffins today! Great!!! Great texture and Sweetness...loved the topping! Only problem was, I didn't make enough! This recipe was so easy and quick, but tasted like I spent all day making it. This was moist and not a dry cornbread recipe. Thanks, it's a "keeper".
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend/whisk ingredients except*cinnamon and sugar mix, til all is moistened and lightly blended, but batter is still lumpy.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray 9" deepdish pie pan or glass dish.
- I like to use a round of parchment paper then on the bottom and respray top of paper a little.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, sprinkle top fairly heavily with cinnamon and sugar mixed together.
- Bake in pre-heated 400º oven for 15-17 minutes.
- Top will be a nice brown, very tender on the inside.