Recipe by HEP MEP
No cooking the manicotti, so that's the easy part. Sometimes I will add some frozen chopped spinach, cooked and squeezed dry. A real easy meal!
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- nutmeg (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 (5 ounce) package manicotti, uncooked
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jarprepared meatless marinara sauce (or homemade, if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Ricotta, Mozzarella, grated Parmesan, sugar, egg, nutmeg, parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff uncooked manicotti generously with the cheese mixture, from both ends.
- Arrange manicotti in a single layer in a baking pan.
- Bring sauce to a boil and pour over manicotti, covering completely.
- Cover baking pan with aluminum foil, crimping the edges to seal tightly.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil; sprinkle generously with additional grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 5 minutes more.