Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
This manicotti recipe is so quick and easy to make, perfect for a weeknight dinner. I used fresh lasagna pasta that I cut in half and rolled up around the cheese filling. Delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 cups pasta sauce, divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (optional) or 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 4 cannelloni tubes, cooked (I always use Fresh-Made Manicotti or Cannelloni Crepes Shells)
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken, shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in a small lightly greased casserole dish.
- Combine all cheeses and eggs (and optional seasoning) in a bowl.
- Place in manicotti shells; roll up shells and place seem side down into the casserole dish.
- Pour remaining sauce on top.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 to 40 minutes, covered with foil.
- Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese if you like and return to oven for about 5 more minutes.