Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy, quick tropical salsa goes perfectly with Tilapia, It also complements chicken, pork or other mild white fish. The recipe courtsy eating well.com.
- 1 ripe mango, diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Let stand for 15 minutes; stir before serving; enjoy.
Had to improvise since I made this last minute. Changes I made are due to what I had on hand. Used frozen mango chunks and chopped them up smaller after thawing just a bit under cold water. Also used white onion instead of red. Made this to go on the side with pork Jamaican Pork Tenderloin, that called for mango chutney. This was an easy and great substitute. The combination of the pork and mango salsa was great! Can't wait to try this recipe as written.
This is a treat! I served it with grilled jerk-seasoned pork chops and it was gone in a flash. Thanks for sharing! ** Susan